From: Susan Faulkner, Executive Director, Huron Waterloo Pathways Initiative
· The new 1 mile section of trail will begin at Veterans Park, winding through Timbertown, and continue 1 mile north on a road separated path on M-52. This new section of trail will lead you directly to Downtown Chelsea.
· The trailhead at Timbertown features extensive parking, restrooms, picnic pavilions and a play area. Start or end your trail adventures in downtown Chelsea and enjoy its fabulous dining and shopping options.
· This section of the trail is part of a larger B2B Trail plan that will eventually connect Chelsea to Stockbridge. The trail will not only connect to downtown Chelsea, but will traverse Michigan DNR's Pinckney and Waterloo Recreation area along with the edge of Green Lake. The new section of trail will add to the existing 4.8 miles of trail that were constructed in 2018-2020.
· The Border to Border Chelsea Connector fundraising effort, supported by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), is a crowdfunding campaign with the goal of raising $50,000. If we reach our goal, the MEDC will provide $50,000 in matching funds. The MEDC match is all or nothing - if we do not hit our $50,000 target, we will not receive the $50,000 match.
· The goal is to get widespread community support. No more than $10,000 can be recognized per donor, toward the goal.
· The campaign ends on September 15 at midnight.
Progress to Date:
· As of this Wednesday afternoon, we have raised $43,820 from 170 donors! We have until September 15 to reach our goal.
How to Help:
· Donate to the campaign online: https://www.patronicity.com/project/border_to_border_trail__chelsea_connection#!/
· Send a check made payable to:
Huron Waterloo Pathways Initiative
14800 East Old US HWY 12
Chelsea, MI 48118
ALL DONATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 9/15
We want to encourage the community to help build the B2B, connecting residents from downtown Chelsea to safe, non-motorized pathways throughout our area.
Leave a Reply.
News and information